From today's edition of the Vatican Information Service (V.I.S.) daily e-mail bulletin:
POPE CREATES A DICASTERY FOR NEW EVANGELISATION
VATICAN CITY, 28 JUN
2010 (VIS) - ...
And he went on: "It is in this perspective that I have decided to create a new organisation, in the form of a Pontifical Council, with the fundamental task of promoting renewed evangelisation in countries where the first announcement of the faith has already been heard and where there are Churches of ancient foundation, but where a progressive secularisation of society is being experienced, a kind of 'eclipse of the meaning of God'". These countries, he said, "are a challenge to us to find the adequate means to re-present the perennial truth of the Gospel of Christ".
HML/ VIS 20100630 (650)
Also from today's V.I.S. daily e-mail bulletin (note: The following is not the complete news item, just the parts of it which I want to highlight):
OTHER PONTIFICAL ACTS
VATICAN CITY, 30 JUN 2010 (VIS) - The Holy Father:
- Appointed Cardinal Marc Ouellet P.S.S., archbishop of Quebec, Canada, as prefect of the Congregation for Bishops and president of the Pontifical Commission for Latin America. He succeeds Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re, whose resignation from the same office the Holy Father accepted, upon having reached the age limit.
- Appointed Archbishop Salvatore Fisichella, president of the Pontifical Academy for Life and rector of the Pontifical Lateran University, as president of the recently-announced Pontifical Council for Promoting New Evangelisation.
- Appointed Msgr. Ignacio Carrasco de Paula, chancellor of the Pontifical Academy for Life, as president of the same academy.
- Appointed Archbishop Celestino Migliore, Holy See permanent observer to the United Nations in New York, as apostolic nuncio to Poland.
- Appointed Fr. John Richard Cihak as a master of pontifical ceremonies.
NA:NN:NER:RE:NEA/ VIS 20100630 (380)