Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Notice: Changes to this blog are underway

This week you'll see some changes to this blog--nothing too drastic, though. I intend to update and greatly expand the Links section, modify the writing at the side of the screen, and post much more frequently than I have been lately; each day I will post links and other notes which I save to the Notepad document in which I collect writings and links to writings which I have come across in real life or while on-line and which interest me enough to want to keep them for future reference. I am starting to do this partly as a way to increase this blog's presently rather scant offerings to my readers--whose readership I value, even if my present rate of posting might suggest otherwise!--and partly because it is a better way to record such links and notes for future reference, since they will be more easily accessible and searchable, while incurring only a negligible additional time cost in putting them on-line rather than just saving them to my hard drive (since all I have to do is keep open the Blogger 'New Post' screen in one Internet Explorer tab, into which I can paste links and other text from other tabs while I surf the Web). These posts of links and notes, which I'll simply headline "Notes: Day, date" (see the previous post for the first installment), might, like my "Facts and figures" posts, not contain much, or even any, additional comment from me on any given item in the post, but you are most welcome to discuss the topics involved, and if you ask for my opinion I'll give you it if I have time (though I'm sure that by now most of you know me well enough to make accurate inferences!)--just don't assume that I'm quoting or linking to something because I agree with it. Nevertheless, in addition to these Notes posts, I will continue to have dedicated posts for links and writings which are significant enough to warrant special attention, and I expect to have the time to do such posts more frequently than I have recently.

Reginaldvs Cantvar
Feast of Ss. Philip and James, Apostles, A.D. 2010

1 comment:

Cardinal Pole said...

Okay, so last week didn't quite go as planned! Nevertheless, as you've probably seen, I've now published several more posts, including the latest installment of 'Notes', and I do expect that by the end of this week I'll have followed through on the announced changes to this blog's lay-out.

Posts I hope to publish very soon:

An important find relating to the Syllabus of Errors

Facts and figures from, and comment on, The Diocese of Wollongong's information guide for its pastoral planning process

Highlights/lowlights of the Holy Father's trip to Fatima

Other recent Papal pronouncements

And perhaps other things too--my 'Notes' posts, at the very least.